Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dead Space 2

Created this post to keep track of my "journey" throughout Dead Space 2 on Hardcore Difficulty.

What so special about Hardcore difficulty? You can only save 3 times throughout the entire 10 hour long game. Each time you die, you restart from your last SAVE point (not last CHECKPOINT).

Date/Time started: 2.00 PM, 20th Feb 2011

Date/Time: 2.00 PM - 2.30 PM, 20th Feb 2011
Died once in chapter 1, in the stasis room after I misfire the stasis shot on a berserk necro...As a result, a 1 hit kill...FUUUU!!!

Date/Time: 2.30 PM - 4.00PM , 20th Feb 2011
Died once in chapter 3, after accidentally shooting a suicide bomber necro within close proximity. Another 1 hit kill....FUUUUUU!!! Have to restart from beginning!!

Quit Game as it LOOKS like it was gonna rain soon...

======================================
Date/Time: 5.00 PM - 6.30PM, 26th Feb 2011
Died again at the same spot as the last time in Chapter 3. Why? Because I was too busy concentrating fire on the Necro breeder that I totally didn't realise that the suicide bomber was just beside me...

Date/Time: 5.30 PM - 7.30 PM, 27th Feb 2011
Successfully got through from Chapter 1 to the end of Chapter 5, just before the Brute action sequence. Got lucky during Chapter 3 as the suicide bomber actually spawned from the hole in the wall above me and landed (and exploded) onto me without taking too much of my HP away. Since then, I started to stasis (using a handy device to slow things down) everything that moved xD.

Date/Time: 9.30 PM - 10.30 PM, 27th Feb 2011
Just wanted to see how far I can go since the previous major achievement =p Turned out, I was overconfident in taking out aliens in Chapter 6 until they swarmed me and i panicked. I stasis-ed everything around me, busy shooting toddler aliens until I didn't notice that the suicide babies were just close to my foot. BOOM, I'm dead...sad...

======================================
Date/Time: 9.30 PM - 12.30 AM, 5th Mar 2011
I managed to survive from Chapter 6 all the way to Chapter 9, only to do one stupid bloody mistake. I thought my close range melee weapon was very effective that I thought it could take out the guardian (some pregnant dude stuck onto the wall with tentacles holding him). I wanted to cut his tentacles...but out of a sudden, his stomach "arm" snatched/ate my head...wtf...so fast!!! What happened?!??! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!! My 3 hours wasted!!!

No comments: