Thursday, October 13, 2005

Uncle G

Ever since Siva (lecturer) left APIIT, nobody has been going through Malaysian Studies (codename: MS) with us. We have completely neglected MS as there were no replacement lecturers for that class. And this is the story of what actually happened today...

Uncle G...that's the title we gave to our newbie MS lecturer. Why? Well, it's basically because he looks like a Wise person (although he looks darn old with his young-at-heart attitude). And as you have noticed (or haven't yet), "G" stands for Grandpa. LOL

Before the class, rumours were passed around saying that this fellow lecturer was still in APIIT TPM.

What we thought: No class again...*sigh*
What had happened: I was sleeping in the syndicate room when my mates woke me up saying that the lecturer arrived.

They claimed that I will LIKE the newbie lecturer for who he is. I took my bag and walked straight to class...only to find out that an elderly old folk is taking his sweet time staring at the pc monitor.

I sat in front of the lecturer's table. Guess that was the biggest mistake I'd made. I'll get to that later. Everyone returned to their seats and there was silence. Guess who broke the silence...and it was a bad start...

"Which is the icon to access the web attendance?"
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As I was sitting in front...I was truly tragically shocked by what he had mentioned! It was the dumbest thing I ever heard from APIIT!

We told him to click on the Internet Explorer icon...

"Which one?"
"There, the one below your mouse pointer"
"Where? You mean this 'e' shaped icon?"
"Ya..."
"Are you sure?"
"DUH!!!"
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

These are the rest of the questions he asked us...
"Ok, now I've clicked it, now how do I get into the site?"
"Which button do I click then?"
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I felt pain in my a** everytime he asked those questions...even a parrot is smarter than him...at least the parrot is better in learning...After marking down our attendance into the APIIT website, he asked us if we knew what our intake code stands for. Like we even bother! Go ahead and teach, folk! We're left so far behind and we don't have time for NONSENSE!

As he preached about the intake codes...Image hosted by Photobucket.com...he took one our fren's MS textbook and asked, "Eh, what book is this?" For God's sake, READ THE DAMN TITLE!!! It states "MALAYSIAN STUDIES"!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Okay, fine...now he really got into my nerves...what next? He asked Kugan to read out the MS textbook's copyrights! Great! What a waste of time! Thank YOU so much! Great job! And guess what? He spotted two innocent girls who had a photocopy of the whole book. His expression? Like this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He recommends teaching us MS not through the text book...but online! WTF??!! Being the handsome guy who chose to sit in front of his table is a helluva darn mistake!!! As he browsed through the net, every single page couldn't be displayed! That's an act of wasting precious time when you can teach us directly from the text book!

Lecturer: "Ok, now I'm going to introduce myself. I am *writes name on whiteboard* Mr. Warren. There are two reasons why you all should remember my name. The first reason is not as important as the second reason. Can anyone give me the reason why?"

Student: "So that we know who taught us...?"

Lecturer: "Yes, that is correct! So that you know who tortured you all. Now what's the second reason?"

Me: *whisper to friend* "Wah diu...he will definitely say 'the second reason is more important than the first'. Heh, don't believe?"

Lecturer: "
The second reason is more important than the first. Can you guess it?"

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

I couldn't guess the reason, but I guessed your sentence! So predictable...Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lecturer: Okay, the second reason is,
don't ever call me 'Sir' because I don't have any qualifications as a Professor or Doctor or what-so-ever. Just call me by my name.

Like hell I care about your background...just TEACH, old man!!!

The class continued miraculously while having him telling us lots of crap that wasn't relevant to the subject...you know...bedtime stories of some sort, just that it has got to do with Malaysia/Malaya.

Break time came. After I went to toilet and came back, he seemed to be staring at the monitor screen for around 5 minutes showing "Page cannot be displayed". Now that's what I call a noob...really...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

I found your blog, and I like it. Hope you dont mind the comment, but after you read how to make MILLIONS, I'm sure you'll be thanking me.

Click to Learn How

This is not a scam. Its not an affiliate program. It is an investment. It costs almost nothing and it can make you MILLIONS.

Cire said...

Go and leech on other ppl's blogs, SUCKER!

fallen said...

lol, great lecturer you have