Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Is He Noob?

Working part time as a TA isn't that bad, although sometimes I feel like I'm being degraded by my fellow mates. Why? LCLY TAs trying to show off their beautiful butt la~

Anyway, I'm not here to talk about me or my fellow mates (I wish I could, but I can't...). This post is all about an experience I will NEVER forget. You know, there's a thin line between a noob and a freshie. Freshies are those who are exposed to their new environments whereas noobs are people who makes mistakes and don't learn from them (which is closely related to being a loser). Such a simple explanation. Moving on to the story that happened today...

I was working in the Epson lab, handling the Pcounter together with K.Y. There were a few students queuing up for printing tasks. The last student was a guy who came along with his girl/friend. He asked me to print his assignment with the Gantt Chart (progress report), inquired on how much it all costs and so he paid for it. He then walked away with his assignment in hand.

Girl: Oi, you dont need to take your Gantt Chart hor?
Me: *Sweats*
Guy: Oh, forgot...sorry ar...
Me: *Smiles* It's ok...
Girl: Haih, so forgetful...

As they left, I went out of the Epson room to check on some stuff and a few minutes later, came back to clean up the printed softcopy documents on the computer desktop. That was when I realised that the guy who just left had forgotten to unplug his thumbdrive. I asked my colleague regarding his wherabouts. He said he saw the two of them walking one floor above, but when I checked they probably have moved to another floor.

Me: Wei, looks like I'm gonna have to lelong this thumbdrive if he doesn't come collect it back.
Colleague: Haha, good for you.
Me: LOL *spots guy and girl walking on the ground floor* Wei, there they are...but don't feel like chasing them lah.
Colleague: Go and chase lah...don't be so bad...
Me: Aiyo, if they're girls then I'll chase la, but they are probably couples...don't want to kacau them la ^^
Colleague: ..................
Me: Ok ok...I go...haihz...

From 3rd floor, I've been waving my hand at the couple who were on the ground floor heading towards the carpark...and the guy was looking at my direction, not sure whether he was blur or what...but what the heck, I kept on chasing...(felt like just throwing the thumbdrive at him from the point where I was standing -.-") I felt completely ignored... = =

Quickly ran ALL the way down, chased the couple until reached the carpark...call out to him so loud also he never perasan. Just before he got into his car only he noticed me...swinging the thumbdrive like a pendulum. The guy looked at me...puzzled...blur...as if he didn't recognise me...MCH...


Bloody hell, his bloody reaction so damn slow until he took 2-3 seconds to notice that I'm swinging HIS 256MB thumbdrive.


Guy: Oh, thank you so much! Sorry ar...
Me: -.-" It's ok...
Girl: Aiya, like that also forget to take, what la you. *looks at me* Ei, so sorry ar...
Me: *smile smile and rush back to the lab*

Is he noob? YES! At least she was there to make me look 'useful'.

2 comments:

JDream said...

LOL IMHO I think that the girl SHOULD belong to you by now... what a waste.

fallen said...

if no girl with him
no return thumbdrive