Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My Precious...

*Warning, long post*
It was a LONG night...where my life hit its turning point...it all began last Sunday...

I left my pc on while i went downstairs for dinner. When i came up, my monitor was on, cpu lights were on...speakers on...modem on...but dont have any display on the monitor...So...i forced my pc to shutdown...and then operated my cpu...take out the graphic card...*wipe wipe wipe* put it back in...clean my cpu fan...and then assemble everything back...

Tried to switch it on, but still the same...no display...so...disassemble everything...*look here look there*...plug out main switch, plug out all the other switches...and then plug back ALL in...turn on the main switch on the wall..............................
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

*BOOOOOOM!!!*
whole house blackout...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sparks flew out from the back of the PSU...such a scary moment...from then onwards...i felt that the most precious thing in my life was taken away...from the grip of my hands...i could feel her soul leaving her body...*sniff sniff*...
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

I slept early that night until the next afternoon. Woke up, took my lunch, and went back to sleep. Despite the fact that i still have many assignments to complete, i was surprised that i could still sleep peacefully...aaaahhh...Guess what time i woke up later that evening? 7pm...

After doing some thinking after dinner, i've decided...to bring my pc for repair the following day (which is today, Tuesday). Woke up on a not-so-peaceful morning. Quickly called up the pc shop in pyramid if they do servicing etc etc etc...

Imagine CARRYING the whole cpu across to Pyramid (as in WALKING there), and then CARRYING the whole cpu back to my house on foot, under the hot sun...damn...those sweat that came down my face blocked my view...was like taking a bath under the sun...(ya, i know some of you may this is a norm, but bear in mind that i seldom do heavy tasks like this).
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Reached home safely, with arms aching LIKE $#!+. Holding a cup of water never like struggling before. Holding the shower head never felt so heavy before. It is as if gravity in my house had increased after the "journey". Excitedly, i ran upstairs to fix my cpu and hoped that everything will turn out fine...but NOOOOO! The computer wouldn't startup! I panicked...where is the problem???
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I called my father to ask the cause of the problem...fortunately he said it was just the fuse in the main plug that's giving trouble. I quickly gathered my...*ahem*..."tools" to open up the plug and transfered the fuse over to an unused plug...and voila! It worked like magic!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So happy!!! Started doing assignments already, cannot afford to delay any longer...

So thats my story of the day...hope you enjoyed reading it (although it's such a darn long post, some of you might have dozed of...oh well...).

No comments: