Sunday, December 14, 2008

Free-Thinker No More

Do you guys know what it takes to be a christian? Nah, I couldn't be bothered if you ask me. I am who I am and will live my life as free as a bird, doing what I want and what I like. That is until now that the bird is being held in someone's hands telling the bird not to fly away. Let me put it simply this way...

The queen of the house asked me to get baptized (a ritual to officially convert me into a christian) at a church my parents usually attend. She said that my father will be getting baptized soon and therefore her son must follow suit. She said afterall when the whole family are christians, they will get a chance to set up a christmas tree, celebrate christmas together etc etc.

If so, WHAT THE HECK have we been doing for these past 21 years?? What cards did we post to friends? What celebration did we hold on every 25th of Dec?? Who have we been praying to?? She must be crazy to think that a full christian can do what non-christians cant. But I kept it all inside, not wanting to blurt out those words to her. Later she scold me again (sort of like our government...say a bit only, ISA come).

Ok, cut the crap. She asked me to get baptized and she passed me the form. I looked at it. I read out loud, "Please sign me up for baptism....AND membership class for those not baptized and seeking membership. What if I want to get baptized and NOT be a member?".

She said the membership class is only for 1-2 hours. I was thinking "If this class is for every week, I'm gonna ponteng kowkow...whoever make noise about it, I'm gonna shoot back". So I went and filled up the form...


(click to enlarge)

Heh, my mother asked why I didn't fill up the 2nd row, where I'm required to provide my name. I said "Like they are gonna call my chinese name...and I dont think they will ever call my name AFTER baptism because I wont attend ANY classes they hold whatsoever...".

I also did not provide my hp number for the same reason...wahahha! Oh man...I will be snoozing while my father listens to the lecture during the 1-2 hours of baptism class on the 25th Dec. Haha...

No comments: