Sunday, March 07, 2010

Grandma's Baptism

It's very rare to see people get baptized at around their 80's. Yesterday we witnessed her baptism at the (nursing) homes near Taman Sentosa, off Old Klang Road. The reverend followed us to the homes, and set up a small circle in my grand parents' room and guess what? My nightmare began...he said we should start by SINGING A HYMN of prayer! Oh nooeesssss!!! Ok la, show face a bit....I sing...

After singing, we prayed somemore, bla bla bla, and finally came the moment where he "splashed" water on her forehead. It makes me feel relieved to know that she finally has someone to believe in. I mean, with the guy above watching over her (or at least that's what she might think), she can relax more in a psychological way that is. He also said that when going through to the afterlife, she need not worry anymore for He shall be her guide in Heaven. Guess all I can say is that I felt happy for her.

I also overheard her saying to the reverend that she experienced nightmares that are "mm 3 mm 4" (direct translation: nonsense). When he heard this, he was like "hmm, ok...why not next time when you face these problems, you can try calling out His name and ask him to help you out?"

"Jesus, save me~" he repeated this many times so that she could pronounce it right.

And I was trying my best not to laugh...(yea, yea i know...I'm a non-believer...)

No comments: