Friday, March 28, 2008

Be One With Your Car

One should always be calm when driving on the road. If you're emotionally unstable before or during the course of driving, bad things may happen and will possibly be fatal. I realised this just now (or perhaps long time ago?) that driving not only takes skills, but also the heart and mind.

I dont know if this is scientifically proven, but it is definitely true when logically speaking. Now, what the heck am i trying to say?! I also dont know...haha, maybe im just feeling good about what happened just now. Hoho~

So what exactly happened just now? You know APIIT-lah. Always have the "double-parking" issue at the car park beside the campus building. After calling the guy whose car is behind mine, i waited for him. Later on, the guy came and started his white Proton Satria. I waited patiently in my car while humming to the songs playing in my handphone. As i peeked at the rear mirror with my sunglasses on, i could see that he was a noob when his car began to cry out loud (alarm la tu).

Alamak...the fellow was struggling with the alarm. After a while, he panicked and straight away started the engine without bother about the alarm anymore cause he knew i was waiting. And then his car jerked forward suddenly. So panic until reverse also can mati engine meh~ Fine la, maybe once in a while mistake only. But his car died on him again.

Zzz, i came out of the car calmly and asked what was the problem. He conversed with me in cantonese...saying that the car is not his and that his friend was in the exam hall. He told me he got problem starting the car and asked me to try starting it. I turned the key and yup...the car jerked, but knew what was the problem already, haha...

The gear was initially set into 1st gear. So now that is cleared up, i turned the key and voila, the car started (yay....NOT). I went back to my car while he entered his car to reverse. Again the car died on him...(-_-")

I came out again asking him what was the problem, and he said he was not sure how to handle a manual car. Aisey...ok-la...i drive for him...This time, the gear was set in the reverse position, lol. No wonder it died on him. But i admit that the gear box is so small that i cant tell which gear i was in. I stepped on the clutch, and reversed...omg...the car really felt like dying anytime...maybe because the clutch is too "shallow" (means releasing the clutch a bit would result in an instant death...err...mati engine).

And so the reverse process is done, i reversed my car and parked beside just to see if he had any problems going back into the parking area. Then i drove off feeling proud, wahhahaha! So, kids...always remember that driving must come from a good heart and mind. If not, later accident happen, who responsible oh? (purposely used lousy english here lol)

3 comments:

Grace said...

I so agree with you. Once you panick things seem to go haywire. :D

Hahaha...wise words Eric. :P

Cire said...

Yea wise words indeed, tq =p

JDream said...

Hey couz, do you still remember who that noob is? OMG guy summore dunno how to operate manual car?

Tell me. I want to go back to APIIT and laugh the shit out of him.