Monday, April 26, 2010

The Bomb

Yesterday...was truly the blackest day of my life. Wanted to find someone to accompany me, but unfortunately it did not happen. But that's not the reason of this post. This post is about today! Just after having lunch, we returned to the office and back to our seats. I instead went to to toilet (as usual) before continuing with my work. There were still some colleagues not back yet from lunch. I noticed the colleague who sits behind me holding a container with letters.

I didn't ask what were those letters as I already guessed that they must be letters of invitation to her wedding. She then passed a letter to me, and I opened. The front of the letter read:

"Nxxx <3 Hxxxx"


The contents:

"Doa dan restu buat mempelai... " followed by some prayers.

The 2nd page went like this:

"assalamualaikum wbt...etc etc... Dengan penuh kesyukuran...etc etc...mempersilakan Dato' / Datin / Tuan / Puan / Encik / Cik ke Majlis Perkahwinan puteri kami yg dikasihi Nxxx  dengan Hxxxx"

All was going fine until I read the following statement:

"...pada hari dd MMM yyyy beralamat

What? Suddenly I felt so...far away...haha...I kept the letter away and continued my work. Minutes later another colleague came back from lunch and opened her letter. She read...and then she went "huh? Kemaman? Apa ini? Terengganu ke?" LOL her response really make me LOL, I'm not the only one feeling weird here xD

Not long after that, my senior analyst came by and asked in cantonese "Hey, lei yau mou sau dou zha dan?" (didn you receive any bomb?) Of course, I knew what she meant, but didnt really get why she used the word "zha dan". But anyway, probably she wanted to hear my response "hai lor, zha dou wor..." (haha, dont know how to translate zha dou to an English phrase).

That letter really is da bomb! Still thinking if I should attend it, or maybe I'll just follow majority.