Thursday, April 22, 2010

Titleless Post

A colleague of mine was kind enough to share his experience he had with his partner. Now, you probably might think of "something else" when I said that, but no it's not. That's too confidential and I don't think he will share it with us at all. Back to what I was saying, it was about a small argument between the 2 parties.

My colleague (call him XXX) had an hour of gaming session with his online buddies (most likely a game of dota) when his partner (call her YYY) came online and started to chat with him.

Guys, what would you do if you were in his shoes?
  1. Ignore the chat window and continue dota-ing
  2. Honestly tell her that you are having a gaming session and ask her to wait
  3. Immediately stop the game and spend some time with her
XXX told me that his partner was not so happy that he told her to wait because he was gaming. I understand how YYY feels...because I was once like XXX and I have also felt how YYY felt (in fact, it took me more than 5 years to understand the pain). What I would do will depend on the situation actually. If the game is about to end, I would let her know and make it quick. If not, then I would stop and accompany her but that's just how I feel, and how I feel MAY not be right...so...yeah, that's why I'm still single...

Some might argue and say that it's his fault for ignoring her and prioritizing his GAME. Some might also say it's the girl's fault for not understanding, but I guess it's both their faults for being selfish and self-centered. He had already apologized for what he did (or did not do), but she is still angry over it. I don't know what to say to make him feel better because I have experienced both sides, but all I can say is:

Two hands must work together in order to clap

No comments: