Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nice PC Fair Offer

It is the last day of the first PC Fair 2010. Went to KLCC to hunt for a thumbdrive for my mother. At the same time, I was surveying the prices of the X-HDDs and wanted to acquire more info about the hotlink plans. As usual, the place was very crowded with various kinds of people:
  1. The never-bother-to-apply-deodorant kind of people:-
    Seriously, stay stay STAY away from them!!! But how do you do that, it's really up to you. But then again, if you're stuck in a crowd, how are you supposed to stay away from them? If only navigating around a crowd is a form of art...
  2. The always-pushing-about kind of people:-
    You are walking closely behind another person in front of you when you always get pushed from behind by some dude who looks to be in a hurry to get somewhere when you yourself are also in a hurry. Worse case scenario is when the dude pushes you from behind so hard that it forces you to bump into a pretty lady in front and getting a smack in return for accidentally "molesting" her.
  3. The occupying-the-main-isle-while-looking-at-their-brochures kind of people:-
    These are the kind of people who annoys me the most. If you are not going with the flow, please PLEASE take the time to go to the side of the hall where you can sit/stand where nobody gives a shit about whatever you wanna do.
So, let's continue. I was at the side hall, reading my brochure behind a ZZZ (cannot mention the tele-comm name la) booth when this yongsui-looking dude (yes, I am always more handsome) came and approach me. I still ignored him and continued with my brochure when he handed a ZZZ card to me. I thought it was free so I reached out, and then he started promoting the ZZZ product.

Dude : Sir, engkau ada broadband?
Me : Uh...ada...
Dude : Oh, takpe, you boleh guna ni.
Me : Oh, no thank you
Dude : Kenapa? Ini free, bagi engkau guna, tak mahu?
Me : Ah, tak payah lah. Thanks.
Dude : Engkau berapa umur?
Me : *didnt hear carefully, thought he said "engkau mahu apa"* Erm...nak cari thumbdrive
Dude : ??? Apa?
Me : Oh, umur? Kenapa nak tahu umur?
Dude : Tak lah, tanya aje
Me : Oh, umur saya...entah...
Dude : Alah, nak tahu umur sebab kad ni hanya boleh guna untuk umur 18 ke atas saja.
Me : *The card in my hands now* Oh macam tu, kalau umur saya bawah 18, saya bagi orang lain saja lah.
Dude : Haha, tak boleh la macam tu. Kalau awak nak, you boleh beri nama, nombor ic awak, erm...nama mak, nama bapa (and whatever nonsense) kepada saya, baru saya boleh beri awak kad ni.
Me : Oh...tak payah lah. Tak berminat. Thanks.
Dude : Betul tak mahu? Ok...
Me : *Continues looking at brochure*

Haiyoh! Is this how you promote stuff?! No wonder "they" (cannot mention race here-la ha...) fail in business...until nama mak bapak also come out...shit...why do you need my parents' names?? Shit...trying to scam me is it? Good luck doing business...

No comments: