Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Preferred Birthday "Presents"

I've been to quite a number of friends' birthday party or outings and what i realised out of their similarities are...they all receive presents...physically. What i'm saying is...birthday's aren't necessarily always celebrated with gifts and presents.

What's important to me are the memories that takes place DURING that birthday itself! Think about it, you only get to celebrate it once a year (assuming its your birthday), and all you get for that particular so-called memorable day are just a bunch of...either self-made presents or last-minute-presents...which by the way, wouldn't last too long before the next year arrives. I understand that self-made presents mean a lot to some people, but how long is it gonna last?

Ok, to make me sound NOT so biased...i would personally prefer (yeah, i'm repeating...) the memories. Say, during my birthday, friends treat me to a movie...or...say lunch...or a trip to KLCC...jalan-jalan...you know...I wouldn't want my friends to go around looking for a present for me just for my birthday. Heh, for those who are sincere...i can't stop them =p But for energy-saving's sake, i really wouldn't mind =) Plus, when we meet up again, we can share the joy and laughter together like this...

Things to talk about when there are no presents involved:

Me : Wah, The King Kong show very the nice-lah.

Friend A : Yalor, it would have been better if we didn't spill the popcorns in the cinema...kena marah teruk teruk after the show
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friend B : WTF man! Duno who went berserk over some dinosaur action *looking at me at the corner of his eyes*

Me : Aisey, nice show of course must "kan-cheong" a bit mah!!!

Blablabla...whereas...

Things to talk about when there are presents involved:

Friend A : Ei, so how was the present i gave you? Still keeping ar? Got dust or not?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Me : Yalor, put on my desktop to collect dust ROTFLMAO Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friend B : Ceh, the present i gave you much better, you can use it everyday. Convenient leh?

Me : Heh, yup! But then the cap you gave me...i cannot put gel while wearing the cap...(=.=")

*The above conversation is DAMN friggin lame!!!*

Hahahaha, so now you all know what i expect lah end of this year

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: