Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Father's Day + Mom's B'day = ?

After college, i took a bus ride home...stopped in front of pyramid's bus stop...and thought, "next monday is my mom's b'day...what should i get her?". But before that, something else came through my pure innocent mind...games...wahahaha! =p Ok, nvm, let's just skip the game part cause im sure you all are damn friggin sick of hearing me mention 'games', no?

Before entering Memory Lane, i saw some card displays for Father's day. Again i thought to myself...when the heck is father's day? Decided to call a few of my friends, who don't seem to pick up any of my calls...friends huh? Right...Fine, i'll do this myself!

Upon entering the store, i was mesmerized by the cute girl standing next to me began searching high and low for the card that i find the most suitable but to no avail...then i shifted my attention to the cute girl again the stack of small cards (not birthday card though). Ah, what the heck! A card with a rose bud as the front picture is good enough, or at least it is better than nothing =p Proceeded to the counter...and the cashier took the card to scan it with her super high tech laser scanner (nah, im just exaggerating =p). I stopped her mid way to ask her the price of it.

What she said : Two-eighty
What I heard : Twenty

I was like...wtf?! RM20 for this damn card?! It is even smaller than my palm! Hah, so it was RM2.80...phew...But wait! Let me check my wallet if there's any balance left...you know me...a student who travels from Subang to Kay El, to and fro, 5 times a week, 4 weeks a month, couldn't afford more than RM4 for just lunch alone...Well, i actually can afford...but i'm afraid that i might have brought less cash. It turns out that i had only RM3 left in my wallet...so sad...Went home with just a 20 cent coin...haih...what if got robbed...what if i got kidnapped...what if i got raped? What could 20 cents do? Nothing! Oh well...(there goes my sense of nonsense =p)

Therefore...i didn't manage to get a father's day present. Ah, what the heck! Just wait for his b'day lor...it's just one month away anyway =p

No comments: