Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Static

I went out with my siu jie on Monday (the 28th) because there weren't any classes on that day. We went to Parade and then to Sunway Pyramid to 'walk-walk' =p Quite happy also-lah because we (very) seldom go out together (kinda like a date). It can be considered our first date although we used to go out together last time.

Definition of first date to me = Going out alone with siu jie, without friends. Last time used to go out with her but with the presence of our friends, although they actually left us to walk by ourselves.

Anyway, at one point while we were walking, she accidentally brushed her arm against mine (not on purpose-lah! She likes to swing her arms when walking =p). Ok, that's fine to me but what immediately happened next was that she let go a 'shriek' which made me wonder why she did that. I was very puzzled at the moment as she then quickly rub her elbow area that hit me. I asked her what was the problem and she told me she had static. (O.o)

"................................."

"What? Electric don't pass through me lol. How did it happen? What did you do?" All the questions start popping up because all my life, i haven't experienced static before unless i simply touch the sides of my CPU and the VCR =p She then said she and her close friend experience the same thing quite often. Certain times skin contact may cause static according to her...Needless to say, i was quite curious when she said that but i'm quite lazy to blog about it now =p

The next day, Tuesday (29th), i went to college and attended the Computer Technology (CT) course. Lecturer taught for one and a half hours using the projector. Kinda interesting though lol. Was sitting next to my friend throughout the class. When the class was dismissed, he went towards the door knob to open when he shouted in pain. I was like, "Hey you ok or not? why-lah?". The same thing happened to him, static. Again i was puzzled at how this static thing could happen. Can anyone please explain to me how it is generated in the human body? Static seems very alien to me (not alien in the sense of vocab-lah, just alien in experience =p If can, i oso want to experience ONCE). According to him, his 'static' will only happen when he touches metallic surfaces whereas my siu jie's and her friend's 'static' will only happen when they touch skin (???). I'm so confused. I wanna find out what this static is all about! >.<

1 comment:

JDream said...

Heys couz,

Better beware of ARMPIT, I mean err APIIT's doorknobs.

Those shit things always have static on them, cos the floor is covered with carpets, so you can do the Math yourself :P.

ANW, Happy Static-ing in ARMPIT!!!